SoftInWay, Inc. is a global R&D engineering company specializing in the development of efficient turbomachinery components and systems by offering its integrated and automated software platform, AxSTREAM ® for all steps of the turbomachinery design, redesign, analysis, and optimization process (including complete 3D design, thermodynamic cycles, rotor dynamics, and secondary flow and cooling system simulation).
Products offered by SoftInWay :
AxSTREAM® Software Platform
The AxSTREAM® software platform for multidisciplinary design, analysis and optimization provides an integrated and streamlined approach to turbomachinery design. This best-in-class software solution encompasses the complete process for radial, axial and mixed flow turbomachinery design. This includes gas and steam turbines, compressors, blowers, pumps, fans, rotors, bearings, secondary flows, and cooling. AxSTREAM®’s capabilities and features include:
- Meanline/Streamline Analysis allows users to check the performance, velocity triangles, leakages, etc. of a machine for any set of boundary conditions as well as review the streamwise and spanwise distribution of thermodynamic, kinematic and loss parameters.
- AxMAP for performance mapping of operational conditions and geometric variations for a given design.
- AxPLAN of various design tasks, utilizing fast design of experiment (DoE) study methods.
- Profiling and 3D Blade Design to create and edit 3D airfoils via various geometric features and interactive charts for plane sections profiling and 3D blade stacking.
- AxCFD for the calculation of 2D and 3D analysis in blade-to-blade channels.
- AxSTRESS for rapid 3D finite element analysis on blades and attachments.
- AxSLICE used for reverse engineering to extract the profile geometry of 3D blade models to analyze existing machines in the AxSTREAM software platform
- Bearing Calculation and Analysis to determine the hydrodynamic performance and mechanical characteristics of journal (radial load and axial thrust), aero, squeeze film dampers and rolling element bearings as well as annular seals.
- RotorDynamics used to calculate rotor trains natural frequencies (including modes shape), unbalance response and conclude on stability for both lateral and torsional analyses while accounting for accurate bearing and support characteristics.
- RotorDesign for the complete design of rotors based on blades number, their position and attachments, etc. which can be used as standalone or as a link between flow path design and rotor dynamics analysis.
- (Read more…) https://www.softinway.com/software/
AxCYCLETM Software – Thermodynamic Simulation
In addition to AxSTREAM®, SoftInWay provides AxCYCLETM for thermodynamic simulation and heat balance calculations of heat production and energy conversion cycles. Capabilities and features include:
- AxCYCLE for thermodynamic cycle simulation including fossil and nuclear steam power plants, cooled and uncooled gas turbine plants, oxy-combustion, aerospace gas turbines engines, combined, cogeneration, sCO2 (supercritical carbon dioxide), ORC, geothermal, binary, molten salt, waste heat recovery and heat pumps /refrigeration cycles.
- AxCYCLE Economics for cost estimation, selection of power generation technology and process scheme, fuel type selection, comparison of different scenarios and projects, and lifecycle economics.
- (Read more…)
AxSTREAM ION™ is an intelligent software program which integrates and automates the full machinery design process.
Primary Benefits and Capabilities:
- Automates the design process
- Provides parallel processing capabilities
- Predict ideal configurations, boundary conditions, and operating conditions through AI and machine learning
- Performs multi-criteria and multi-parameter optimization tasks as well as off-design performance estimations based on varying objectives and design variables
- Input of in-house modeling rules and scripting capabilities enables user customization
- Provides a simple way to connect commercial and third-party software program products
- Enables control of process execution at every calculation stage
- Possesses embedded library of fluid
Success cases & Testimonial
Peregrine Turbine Technologies
Peregrine Turbine Technologies, with the help of SoftInWay’s industry-leading software suite AxSTREAM®, has embarked on a mission to develop a revolutionary type of sCO2 turbine engine which will bring a whole new level of performance, fuel efficiency, and low emissions to the turbine world. Peregrine is leveraging the AxSTREAM® software platform as their design tool of choice for both the compressor and turbine component as well as utilizing SoftInWay’s technical support and engineering services team. Read more about Peregrine's sCO2 turbine engine. (Read more…)
The ITRI (Taiwan) and SoftInWay had partnered on a major undertaking in 2012: develop a new and innovative type of ORC Turbine to deliver a superior solution to the heating Alternative Energy Generation market, leveraging AxSTREAM® for blade and flow path design. (Read more…)
AxSTREAM® was purchased by EthosEnergy Italia SpA in 2017 from SoftInWay with the specific purpose of supporting the design phase their rotor LTE/LTA program. AxSTREAM®, with the addition of AxSLICE™ module, is able to capture the geometry directly from any 3D CAD, recognize the flow path, slice the airfoils automatically on many sections and generate the distribution of all the static and total physical properties upstream and downstream each stator and rotor stage. This represents a real advantage with respect to the previous streamline software generation, which was not able to dialogue directly with the 3D CADs and all airfoils geometries had to be input numerically, requiring a huge effort in terms of man-hours. (Read more…)